Monday, May 14, 2012

OoT: Water Temple

For the six of you that read this blog I'm sure you've been waiting for my reaction to the Water Temple. I've heard horror stories. In fact, one of the few comments I've ever receive on this site was after I beat LttP. 


"All I'm going to say is..."Water Temple" Good luck. :D Gratz on beating LttP."


In Kellana Fay's blog she said "So far, he’s finished the Forest Temple, and only gotten confused or lost once. Can anyone say Water Temple?"


I was told the words "Water Temple" would give a Zelda fan nightmares for weeks. They would wake up in a cold sweat, crying. Okay, maybe that's a little exaggerated.


Regardless, I was a bit worried about even entering this dungeon. I couldn't even fathom what was in store. The confusion, the anger, the frustration. I was prepared to purchase a new classic controller. I thought I might end up in the hospital with high blood pressure.


That being said, I must ask.


Are you people serious? When I play video games my language could make a sailor blush. I would have been just fine playing this level with a priest in the room. I'm not trolling. I had almost no problem with this level.


I'll admit it sucked having to continually switch between boots, but that's about it. I checked the walkthrough ONCE and that was to figure out how to get a Gold Skulltula. Not how to find it, but how to get it. I didn't think to charge my sword to open the cell. 


Aside from that I found it pretty straight forward as to what I should do next. Paying attention to the map really helps you to figure out where to go next. Checking your surroundings keeps you aware of where you are. There are plenty of landmarks to help you with this.


Dark Link was one of the easiest mini-bosses. He doesn't even fight back, hardly. Just play some Whack-a-Dark-Link with Thor's hammer and use Din's Fire once he starts going bat-shit. 


Seriously, he goes bat-fucking-shit insane! I actually found it rather funny. I could only imagine what was going through Link's mind at that point. Here's a guy who hasn't even tried to defend himself the first few times you crack his skull then suddenly he's just wildly flailing his sword. I'd probably shit myself in this scenario. This is the point at which I realized I wouldn't be able to get another swing in so I lit the bastard on fire.


Once I got the extended hookshot things got even easier and I'll stop short of saying it made the boss battle a cinch. Pull him in, hack and slash, run away, repeat. 


Water Temple beat, Bottom of the Well beat, currently playing through the Shadow Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment